Trouble installing Doom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tie_mann101

I've got a friend trying to install Doom 3 on his laptop, and setup can't seem to find one of the files on the last cd. Has anyone experienced this problem, or a similar one, and know a possible solution?

tie_mann101 said:
I've got a friend trying to install Doom 3 on his laptop, and setup can't seem to find one of the files on the last cd. Has anyone experienced this problem, or a similar one, and know a possible solution?

I had a similar problem with one of the rollercoaster games, I clicked ignore and it didnt seem to affect the game at all...

You could try copying the files over to the HD just to see if it copies OK if so then its a fault with the install routine, if it fails at any point then its a faulty disk.

Lastly if you can copy them all over use an ISO maker program to make an ISO of the files and mount them using Alcohol or Daemon tools and run the install from the mounted image...

Regards

No... the simple thing you can do is...

Copy the all files to the folder from first cd., just base\ from CD2 and CD3.

Then run the doom3.exe. Enjoy.

Yeah sometimes you have to manualy create a Ð3 folder to use if you install it wrong or something ( to do that Ð put alt+0208 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back