Trouble installing Windows XP Service pack2

By techbomb06
Apr 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have recently been working on a computer that has windows xp service pack 1
    When I try to install any updates it goes to service pack 2 it gets to the part where you agree to the terms and tries to install then it says that c:\windows\system32\drivers\ndis.sys is already running try quitting the program and then retry. I cant find the program running in system processes. I have ran AVG and everything I can think of to fix the problem I can run winsock fix it fixes problem temporarily then it quits going online shortly. I think it is spyware, but I am unsure please help me someone.
  2. CCT

CCT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,556

Are you trying to install SP2 or update ? A little confusing in the way you say it.

?

:)
  3. techbomb06

techbomb06 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

service pack 2 is the only update it wants me to do. I am unable to install it at all. I am unable to finish it to install any more updates.
  4. CCT

5. techbomb06

techbomb06 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I have tried every method. I just think it may have some spyware that none of my programs have found yet. Or a corrupted registry.
  6. CCT

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.