TechSpot

Trouble installing Windows XP Service pack2

By techbomb06
Apr 26, 2007
  1. I have recently been working on a computer that has windows xp service pack 1
    When I try to install any updates it goes to service pack 2 it gets to the part where you agree to the terms and tries to install then it says that c:\windows\system32\drivers\ndis.sys is already running try quitting the program and then retry. I cant find the program running in system processes. I have ran AVG and everything I can think of to fix the problem I can run winsock fix it fixes problem temporarily then it quits going online shortly. I think it is spyware, but I am unsure please help me someone.

2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

Are you trying to install SP2 or update ? A little confusing in the way you say it.

?

:)

3. techbomb06

techbomb06 TS Rookie Topic Starter

service pack 2 is the only update it wants me to do. I am unable to install it at all. I am unable to finish it to install any more updates.

4. CCT

5. techbomb06

techbomb06 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have tried every method. I just think it may have some spyware that none of my programs have found yet. Or a corrupted registry.

6. CCT

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.