Trouble removing virus/malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markj88

I recently purchased a new computer and soon after started having problems, after solving various hardware/software problems i rebooted to find three icons on my desktop that read (Spyware removal tool - Malware removal tool - and - Virus removal tool ) - also there is a flashing icon in the tray at the bottom right - i also get constant popups saying spyware alert Worm32.net detected on yoiur machine - also various fake windows security boxes i have tried to remove using AVG and windows defender also manually, I would be greatful for any input.

Thanks

Hi Markj88,

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3. Make sure in step 10, Tool 1, you run option 2

1)AVG log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of Markj88 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I have formatted

the problem seems to have been solved
thanks for your input!!

any reccomendations as to what antivirus programmes to run?

Post the logs back and we'll see whether everything has gone. Some infections can be very tricky to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back