Trouble with computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joawro

I am really starting to lose patience with my ECS K7S5A motherboard. Everytime I turn on the computer, I have to go to BIOS for it to detect the hard drive. After that, I have a windows me startup disk in the floppy drive, and I want for the screen that shows the system specs. After that, it loads the boot record from the floppy disk and I wait for it to scan the PCI and other stuff. After that I get to the command line. I type FDISK and I wait for it to open.

Now this is the part that annoys me. Sometimes the computer will say "No fixed disks present" or other times, it will actually open. When it opens I select create Primary partition and then I wait for about 5 minutes. During those 5 minutes, I witness the program going back from 9% to 0% then up to 6% to 0%, and it kept on doing that until I lost my patience.

I can't figure out what the problem is and I am hoping that one of you guys will know. I have tried putting my EXISTING hard drive from the computer I am typing this thread from. I put it in and it does not detect it. I am really fed up with this. Please, help me...

Given that none of the troubleshooting attempts have solved your problem I would ay it is likely that your mobo is defective.

What is DOA? And if the motherboard turns out defective, I will just try to save up $250 dollars and buy a dell. I'm not sure how I am gonna make money though, I'm only 14 lol.

DOA means Dead On Arrival= Defective :(

And please, don't waste your hard-earned money on a Dell. You can build a much better PC for way less money.

Just a suggestion though :)

dell and other OEMs are rip-offs. get your money's real worth and build a custom PC. or at least have a local PC shop do it for you. whatever you do, make sure your new PC does NOT have windows me installed on it.

ECS makes low quality products, this doesn't sound surprising at all.

zephead said:
make sure your new PC does NOT have windows me installed on it.

ECS makes low quality products, this doesn't sound surprising at all.

I completely agree with both things :)

Well. my Windows 98 CD has trouble with the pc. When I instaled it on the comptuer I am using now, it was corrupted. some progrm called "start" had an error and needed to close, and everytime I would open a folder or something the same error message would pop up. So the only OS i have is Windows ME until I find or buy my own Windows

just understand that ME cuts back your performance and reliability by a lot over windows XP.

No the cd is not scratched. It's just corrupted. I tried reinstalling 3 times and still no luck. The setup would have froze if it were scratched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back