Trouble With Dvd Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapchik

MY Sony dru 540A dvd drive suddenly stopped recognizing CDs. If I insert a CD it does not read it and the read light is on till I eject the CD from thr drive. Can anybody help me. I am running XP SP2 and using Nero to burn DVDs and CDs. I have a 915GAV M/B with 1GB memand a 3.2 Ghz processor. I have a 120Gb sata H/D as well as a 120 Gb pata drive which is connected as a slave to the ide PATA socket with the DVD drive as the master.

Tried changing the hard disk as master and the dvd drive as slave but it didn't change anything.

the drive reads and writes on dvds perfectly, the problem seems to be only with the cd's, reading and writing. even original program cd's can't be read.
Please help.

Try uninstalling the IDE channel that the DVD burner is on in device manager under IDE ATA\ATAPI Controllers. when you reboot windows will automaticallly reinstall the IDE channel.

Tried That, Updated Firmware But Of No Use, It Reads And Writes Dvd Perfectly, Only When It Comes To Reading Or Writing Cd's It Just Won't Recognize Them Even The Original Software Cds Like Win Xp And Other Firmwares Provided Along With Other Hardwares.

You could try gently blowing some compressed air inside the drive in case dust is the problem. But otherwise, if it reads and writes DVDs fine but no longer even reads CDs, I think you'll have to replace the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back