Trouble with headset

Mist

Hey Techspot.

I ordered these a few days ago and they arrived today, but I'm having trouble setting them up. I've plugged the headphone and mic jack into my front sockets but Windows 7 won't recognise it, in control panel the headset icon shows up as not plugged in. Any idea what I should do?

Try plugging the headset into the back audio plugs. If the headset works, you may have to enable the front audio from the bios or the front cables were never properly connected to the motherboard

I'll give it a go and report back.

UPDATE:

I unplugged my speakers and put the headset jacks in the rear ports instead and now it sort of works. The headphones work but are being recognised as speakers in control panel, and headset is still not plugged in on the menu. Also the microphone doesn't appear to be working.

UPDATE:

I have enabled the front audio panel by downloading and configuring Realtek Control Panel and now my headset works in the front sockets, I am yet to test my speakers in the back though. I still have the problem of the microphone not working.

Now something strange is happening, through both my speakers and headset I can hear a constant high pitched noise.

Back