trouble with networking

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
i am currently using earthlink on my computer while i am at a relatives house, but when i try to connect to my email it doesn't work. On any dial up and or wireless connection i can connect to my email from a program on my desktop known as earthlink total access, yet for some reason on my relatives network i am not able to. i have tried to manually configure the connection settings, with the ip address, subnet mask, domain etc., but i still cannot access my mail. when i open internet explorer or firefox, i am able to connect to the internet just fine. is the problem in the fact that the program may just not work on a dsl network? my relative also connects to the internet via verizon dsl, could this potentially be the cause of my not being able to access my mail through earthlink? any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

forithan said:
i am currently using earthlink on my computer ...

i am able to connect to the internet just fine. is the problem in the fact that the program may just not work on a dsl network?

my relative also connects to the internet via verizon dsl, could this potentially be the cause of my not being able to access my mail through earthlink?
hum .. it's been a long while since I last used Earthlink Total access.

Your ability to READ mail should not be impaired, but to SEND mail will be as
the outgoing SMTP interface will not forward to Earthink. This is an effort to
stop email spam -- I'm sure you can understand.

Whenever I run into this, I use the Webmail feature of the ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back