Troubles with Amd restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Church has a computer that company built for them. We are having troubles with it restarting sometimes when we open mediashout(a program like power point but graphic driven) and it will always restart when we try to load Microsoft Office on it. I ran a check on the hard ware and every thing runs fine and the AMD 3000+ processor is running at 40 degrees C.. If anyone can help me please post it on here or e-mail me at uthmin8455@yahoo.com

thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First thing I'd recommend doing is changing your program settings so that your computer is not re-starting everytime it finds an error. This way it will give us an error report that you can post here.

You can do this by:
- click on the Start button.
- right click on the My Computer item in the Start Menu.
- select the Properties item from the Context Menu that scrolls out.
- click on the Advanced tab.
- click the button for Settings under Startup and Recovery.
- click to remove the check mark next to Automatic Restart.
- click OK.

Now, instead of restarting, your computer is going to give an error code (possibly in the form of the infamous "blue screen of death"). But it will also create a new file on your hard drive called a "mini-dump". This has useful info that can be read to diagnose what is going on with your computer.

It stores these mini-dumps in c:/windows/minidumps. If you can post some of them on this site, there are a number of people who know how to read them and tell you what is going on.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back