TechSpot

Troubles with HP OfficeJet 5610 printer

By pioneerx01
Oct 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Before I start I want you to know that the printer works. When I plugged it into my computer, it was automatically recognized, drivers were downloaded from windows update and I was printing in less than a minute. When I plunged it into my friends laptop (the actual owner) the issues begin.

The troubled computer is HP laptop with Win7 x64. When I plugged it in via same USB cable I used with mine it was automatically recognized, drivers were downloaded from windows update, but I was not able to print anything. I went to HP website and downloaded the entire software package and still nothing. When I am in the devices and printers window the computer recognizes when the printer is plugged in and and when it is not. But I can not even print a test page. The funny thing is that I can scan from the printer to the laptop, but I can not print to it.There are other printers connected to the laptop both network and USB and they work just fine.

Here is what I did so far:
    • I tried the automatically installed drivers
    • I downloaded the HP recommended drivers
    • I have restarted the spooler
    • There is nothing stuck in the job list
    • I have manually removed HP drivers and started again
    • I have used the HP driver removal tool (maximum level) and started again
    • I have set the printer to print directly to printer and bypass the spooler
    And I still can not print but I can scan. Any thoughts anyone?
  2. SBHack

SBHack Newcomer, in training Posts: 32

How much Ram in laptop? Available space on HDD?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.