Troublesome Dell with BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a user with a new Dell Optiplex 320. She runs pretty much the same code as several other employees but surely she is the only person doing many functions repeatedly.

Several of the apps are written in house by the owner. That does not neccessarily mean they are bad but he is not an expert at debugging.

Nonetheless the dell she has has been troublesome with repeated hangs in IE and Firefox before this last complete wipe and reinstall.

Now we have new issues. I feel like it is bad hardware but will need some evidence before Dell will come out and repair.

I have included the most recent Minidump. I attempted my best to read it in Windbg and I am installing local symbols now as requested by Windbg (I am pointing only to the online symbols).

I felt you guys would probably know quicker so here I am.

Any ideas are appreciated.
THANK YOU!!

Doug

Inside the 1 MiniDump:

BugCheck 96, {8996e1a8, 805637bc, 80563780, 805759c2}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe
Please run Memtest, and update your device drivers from Dell Support

Also:

Please try this:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer
  • Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
  • Click Properties, and then click Tools.
  • Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:
  • • To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
  • • To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
  • • To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

Thank you

I will do all steps though I am 98% sure I did update everything directly from Dell already.

Will get back to you with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back