Trump says "dishonest media" of Facebook, Google, and Twitter suppressed damaging Clinton news

midian182

Staff member

Donald Trump has once again expressed his belief that tech companies are conspiring to prevent the Republican nominee from becoming president. In a Tweet sent out from his official account yesterday, Trump accused Google, Twitter, and Facebook of “burying” the recent news about Hilary Clinton.

Last week, FBI Director James Comey said in a note to congressional committee chairs that the agency had discovered new emails relating to the investigation into Hilary Clinton’s private email server.

On Sunday, Trump Tweeted: “Wow, Twitter, Google and Facebook are burying the FBI criminal investigation of Clinton. Very dishonest media!”

While many have pointed out the fact that the organizations Trump lists are tech companies and not media firms, it’s also been noted that the story was trending on the platforms.

The investigation was Google News’ top item on Sunday. A source from the company told Mashable that it doesn’t change story rankings to influence user opinions.

The investigation appeared to be equally as popular on Twitter, where it sat at the top of the microblogging site’s “Featured Tweets” section on Sunday morning.

Facebook’s trending topics section was accused of routinely suppressing conservative news stories back in May, but the company was later cleared of any wrongdoings following an inquiry opened by the Senate Commerce Committee. The social network personalizes trending stories for each individual, so there are some who may not have seen the Clinton news in the module, but it was reportedly the top item for most users. The company directed inquiries to the CNN tweet below.

Permalink to story.

What woman in her right mind would want to marry a man with a last name like that? Go ahead, I'm setting you up ..... now everybody at the same time!

At least techspot is now being fairly neutral about the whole election, or at least neutral enough that it remains my home page.

What they've REALLY buried is the whole Clinton Foundation scandal, which makes anything Trump has ever done wrong (intentionally or otherwise) seem like jaywalking.
That is hilarious. The Clinton Foundation has helped millions of AIDS sufferers. Rich and famous people are lining up to donate to that foundation, because they know it's doing good. What has Trump's foundation ever done? He uses his foundation as a secondary bank account to buy stuff for himself and to settle lawsuits. He hasn't even donated a dime to his own foundation in 8 years! Whatever donations his foundation gets he gives it out to other charities as if it was his own money. That's all this Orange Hulk ever does, spend OTHER people's money. So yeah, check your facts next time before you open your mouth. Oh and I don't mean one of the many far right, nut-job, conspiracy theory bullcrap websites you ******* republicans love so much.

What they've REALLY buried is the whole Clinton Foundation scandal, which makes anything Trump has ever done wrong (intentionally or otherwise) seem like jaywalking.
That is hilarious. The Clinton Foundation has helped millions of AIDS sufferers. Rich and famous people are lining up to donate to that foundation, because they know it's doing good. What has Trump's foundation ever done? He uses his foundation as a secondary bank account to buy stuff for himself and to settle lawsuits. He hasn't even donated a dime to his own foundation in 8 years! Whatever donations his foundation gets he gives it out to other charities as if it was his own money. That's all this Orange Hulk ever does, spend OTHER people's money. So yeah, check your facts next time before you open your mouth. Oh and I don't mean one of the many far right, nut-job, conspiracy theory bullcrap websites you ******* republicans love so much.

this is what we're up against boys, pure nonsense.

Rob Thubron,

Trump is right. Google, Facebook, and Twitter have been burying all of Hillary's crimes in this election cycle. Don't tell me about this "algorithm" or whatever. I know, you know, and all the tech people know that this kind of stuff can be easily...EAAAAASILY...be manipulated.

PLUS, we all know Google, Facebook, and Twitter (as well as the mainstream news media) are in bed with Hillary Clinton.

Yeah, and where did you get this information from ? Bill and Hillary? You apparently are not interested in this country nor this election. There are leaked emails that show and prove that the Clinton Foundation is really the Clinton Crime Family.

At least techspot is now being fairly neutral about the whole election, or at least neutral enough that it remains my home page.
No, it's not truly neutral. This article by Rob Thubron looks to instantly discredit and debunk Trump's claims, rather than studying it and trying to see from it from his point of view. Let's be clear, Trump's claims are legitimate.

Honestly I have felt the US elections have been altered well before Trump decided to run. As computer experts, a lot of us on this site I'm sure can agree it is very easy to modify data in a system if you have the proper administrative access. There is little reason to not believe that is entirely possible the US elections have been fraudulent. Realistically though computerized elections have nothing to do with it because paper ballots can be altered, discarded, or fabricated to achieve the desired "election results".

I wouldn't be surprised either if Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. effectively altered the political content that is available to users. However there isn't really much of anything we can do about it. That is why you can't trust everything you are told by the media, even for candidates you may like.

Of course the MSM, opposing political forces, and many others have been firing on Trump all year, as well as suppressing pro-Trump pieces. From day one, he's been firing broadsides into them, blowing giant holes in their house of cards and really opening up the eyes of Americans about how deceitful they've been. Many of us have known it for many years, but this year was an awakening for many.

On top of that, we're all aware of numerous liberal sites, tech & science sites, etc., who will delete comments and ban users for their conservative political views.

To paraphrase the Joker: "He's changed things."

I wish someone would bury his ***.

He blames the media when they don't cover others but says the media portrays him wrong when the news is not in his best interest? hypocritical piece of...

Because being a walking human garbage can isn't enough for Trump? Really, please tell me more about how a racist, bankrupt venture capitalist, misogynist, ***** can't get any worse than he already is.

I guess Trump means that Facebook is leaving his racist posts on the site after Facebook debated taking them off because they violate Facebook's terms of service.

Back