TechSpot

trying to burn 800 MB cdr with nero 6.3.1.25 and NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A

By rule4fl447
Feb 21, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not sure if my cd burner drive is too old or if it needs new firmware. I tried to find firmware but don't know what I need. Can anyone help? Thanks.
  2. bushwhacker

bushwhacker TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,086

no, what you attempt to burn a 700mb cdr with a 800mb data is a procedure called a overburning. It is dangerous. You would not need any firmware. I noticed that you have NEC DVD burner. buy a dvd+rw and you could burn it up 4.7gb or more

lucan

p.s. Nero rocks.
  3. rule4fl447

rule4fl447 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I did put overburning on for nero and set the time at 99 minutes. And actually my burner is a cdr/dvd burner but the problem is what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to burn a video game for my Turbo Duo which is an older system that didn't require any chip or anything to play burned games on. I have a japanese version of a game and ripped it to my computer then I patched it with an english patch. So now I need to burn it back on to a cd to play it, but the file size is 735 MB, so I need to use 800 MB.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.