Trying to find parts for a motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Compaq R3030us laptop wont power up anymore. So i opened it up and found the the connector on the MB, where u plug the ac adapter is cracked. I tryed to solder it, but that wasn't the problem. It is the connector itself (the connector on the MB) If anyboby can tell me a website or place where I can just buy the part, instead of replacing the whole MB. thx

thx realblackstuff but that website only carries ac adapters. Im looking for parts on the motherboard like capacitors, batteries, etc.... I really need the ac plug inside that is soldered on the MB.

realblackstuff thx for the help but im not looking for parts for the Compaq. I am looking for parts just the motherboard. Like i said its just the ac connector on the MB that is defective. So im looking for a website or someone i can call, for parts to repair a MB. Thanks again :approve:

trying to fix it yourself with another part would probably cause more trouble than the computer's worth. in such a case, you'd be best off getting a new computer to replace the laptop.

Motherboards are made of 5-7 layers which makes them so expensive to repair that its cheaper to buy a new board. And trying to repair yourseld can damage other components and circuit tracings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back