Trying to find parts for a motherboard!

By shaggy4284
Mar 29, 2005
  1. My Compaq R3030us laptop wont power up anymore. So i opened it up and found the the connector on the MB, where u plug the ac adapter is cracked. I tryed to solder it, but that wasn't the problem. It is the connector itself (the connector on the MB) If anyboby can tell me a website or place where I can just buy the part, instead of replacing the whole MB. thx
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

3. shaggy4284

shaggy4284 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thx realblackstuff but that website only carries ac adapters. Im looking for parts on the motherboard like capacitors, batteries, etc.... I really need the ac plug inside that is soldered on the MB.
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

5. shaggy4284

shaggy4284 TS Rookie Topic Starter

realblackstuff thx for the help but im not looking for parts for the Compaq. I am looking for parts just the motherboard. Like i said its just the ac connector on the MB that is defective. So im looking for a website or someone i can call, for parts to repair a MB. Thanks again :approve:
  6. EvilFallenAngel

EvilFallenAngel TS Rookie

Try, or you might have to just other a replacement board from manufacturer and swap out, sorry havent worked on laptop much other than add ram to wife toshiba. I hope this site will help out a bit.
  7. mobofix

mobofix TS Rookie

8. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

trying to fix it yourself with another part would probably cause more trouble than the computer's worth. in such a case, you'd be best off getting a new computer to replace the laptop.
  9. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,377

Motherboards are made of 5-7 layers which makes them so expensive to repair that its cheaper to buy a new board. And trying to repair yourseld can damage other components and circuit tracings.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.