Trying to install Windows 7 on HP laptop

Hi, I have had a problem trying to install any copy of windows onto my laptop, the problem started when my hard drive on my laptop decided to pack up, and after that i purchased a new hard drive in order for me to use on my HP laptop, I formatted the hard drive to NTFS, and tried installing windows 98, xp, and windows 7 on it, but every time I try to do this, On windows XP, an error appears telling me it cannot find the hard drive, windows 7 can detect the hard drive but cannot install the updates (i have read this is the same issue as the reason i cannot install windows xp, the fact that it cannot detect the SATA drivers)
The issue is i have no idea what driver i need to streamline or add on via f6, for my laptop..

The laptop model is a Hewlett packard DM3-1111SA

I also have no bios setting too disable AHCI mode for my hard drive as i suspect that is the problem, and enable IDE mode.

many thanks.

...windows 7 can detect the hard drive but cannot install the updates...
What updates are you referring to? It's not clear to me from your description where the installation of Windows 7 is going wrong.

There is no point to installing any operating system other than Windows 7 since your HP only supports Windows 7. See here: HP driver downloads

When installing windows 7, make sure the dvd you are using is not scratched and that your dvd drive is also not weak. Replace with a drive you are sure about if your dvd drive is weak.

Back