Trying to play my PS1 and view it on my LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if that's the right type of adapter since it's USB but I do know that you will need some kind of video converter box to use the game system. The PS1 doesn't support higher resolutions so it will probably look like garbage but I'm sure it's possible. Heck, the PS2 supported a max of 1080i and even that looked meh so good luck.

You could try using an RCA to VGA... something like this. Although a lot of those "converting" boxes/adapters are notorious for producing lousy output.

I dont have a vga plug-in on the back of my computer though... would it be possible to then have a vga to dvi-d adapter on the rca to vga adapter? or would 2 adapters not work like that?

well your best bet would be to connect the console directly to the monitor via VGA or DVI and then just figure out wat to do with the sound. the PS1 doesn't have optical audio or HDMI so it's a bit trickier. i have my PS3 attached to my monitor via HDMI and the optical audio actually goes through my sound card in the computer. you could so something similar using VGA/DVI for video and then use a regular RCA to Stereo adapter to either bypass the sound card or attach directly to a set of desktop speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back