Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

I can't believe that some home users have that many screens
    I have 3 (for 3 computers) and I thought that was over the top

2. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 906   +101

I only use two screens for my main PC and one is actually used for two computers. The laptops are just easily thrown in just about anywhere.

3. BlackIrish

BlackIrish TS Rookie Posts: 84

Damn, my submission didn't made it to the final cut :/ :p

4. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 877   +130

@BlackIrish, I don't think they're choosing the winner based on the above photos. They just showed the photos for people to check out. If your submission isn't shown above, you can still win.

5. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Yay my submission is the first one! Does that mean I get a better "random" chance? ;)

6. Doctor_hv

Doctor_hv TS Rookie Posts: 81

wow, so much hardware on one place... well, it's easy when you get to work in a computer lab... I don't even have a laptop, only a PC, that's why I only applied for the first contest...

7. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Topic Starter Posts: 6,540   +321

I tried to note that on the post, the pictures above are not finalists or anything of that nature, they are just random picks from the submissions we received. The contest drawing still consists of a random pick from the pool of participants (multiplied by the number of screens).

8. vangrat

vangrat TS Rookie Posts: 223

I have three computers each with two monitors my wife and I both have "Smart" phones and I have a laptop. Not to meantion that with our consoles we can get on the net so that could add 2 extra view screens right there...damn I should have entered the contest @_@ oh well. So @Kimsland yes it is very easy to get a lot of screens up.

9. yorro

yorro TS Enthusiast Posts: 245

I got 6 Monitors, that dude only got 5.

I guess they ban you in both contests.

10. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

Would have loved some of those setups :) Although i am glad i don't have to pay for the tech refresh on them every couple years ;-)

11. buttus

buttus TS Enthusiast Posts: 187

I thought last year I rocked with it 4 screens...but then whammo, some had 20 or 30 screens in their IT labs so I didn't bother posting one this year. I'll just hope for something from the first contest.

12. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,245   +79

I had to push my luck with college computers hehe.

Still I have 8 screens at home, 2 netbooks, a notebook, 2 HD tvs, LCD computer screen, 2 phones web-capable. If you take into consideration I would take the picture from one of the phones that would have left me with 7 screens >.<

13. insect

insect TS Booster Posts: 206   +54

Haha! Those are awesome. Best use of a computer lab ever too.

I have the speakers (Logitech Z5500s) from the first screenie. Awesome set!

14. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,349   +398

LOL...very clever shots. I'm glad I don't have that much gear to mess with. One screen is fine for me. :)

15. Puiu

Puiu TS Addict Posts: 1,064   +98

I really like the last picture. It's really shows how much he wants to win ^_^.
    Good luck everyone!

16. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 979   +31

Impressive. I could probably have gotten 7 screens: wife's laptop, my laptop, my desktop, TV and extra screen with two of these, two phones. Hmmm, probably could have used the second TV, too. So 8. But I'd have been a lot of work to get all of them working and in one picture. I didn't want to enter anyway.

17. dhanushka83

dhanushka83 TS Rookie Posts: 20

WoW Superb.. Lot of People have Many Monitors. I think thats are just only monitors

18. LightHeart

LightHeart TS Rookie Posts: 155

Wow some amazing photos and people with some good gear.

19. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,316   +268

Wish I could've submitted, but I kept forgetting to pick up my camera from my wife's office :) Too bad too 'cause I would've liked to have a shot at either of the prizes.

20. levar

levar TS Rookie Posts: 232

nice submissions

21. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,552   +301

Mine is the 8th one down. 4 screens, 3 computers (Mac OS X 10.5, Win 7, PuppyLinux). I didn't feel too bad about using 4 screens for 3 computers because I have a Mac Mini attached to my TV in the other room and it didn't get moved to take the picture :)

22. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

nice try for a lot & i bet it needed a lot of work. best of luck to participants.

cheers

23. BlindObject

BlindObject TS Rookie Posts: 446

So who wooonnn?!?!!

24. levar

levar TS Rookie Posts: 232

not the end on Monday yet mate, time is of the essence :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.