TechSpot

Tuesday tech deals: 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD for $103

By Matthew
Feb 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. {pf id:22509 size:small} OCZ Agility 3 120GB 2.5" SATA 6Gbps SSD for $103 after rebate + free shipping

Read the whole story

2. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 902   +239

Rebates are worthless.

3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,087   +84 Staff Member

Then don't use them.

4. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 902   +239

Anyone who has ever tried to use one knows that.

5. I've gotten several rebates back, so they are definitely not useless.

This SSD on the other hand, is. One of the highest failure rates of any SSD on the market. I've already gone through 4 of them.

6. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

I've had good luck with Agility 2. Wouldn't use it for server purposes, but for a laptop or light use desktop it's great.

7. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

I'll pass...

8. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

I've turned in probably a dozen rebates over the years and have received them all.

9. nismo91

nismo91 TS Guru Posts: 1,004   +11

i am using the exact drive for 3 months now. and all i can say, for 103$ it is definitely worth it.

10. DanUK

DanUK TS Enthusiast Posts: 196   +8

I've had this SSD for a almost a year now and while it is fast it isn't without issue. Some nights my pc is prone to completely freezing and needing a reboot. I need to flash/update the firmware on the SSD but have been too lazy recently (I know theres a program that will do it for you but it wont work if the SSD is your primary drive, which mine is... gotta do it a manual way instead)

11. As far a rebates go, I wish they would just give you an instant savings instead however I understand why they do rebates. In general I find them to be a pain, you need to clip bar codes or whatever from packages, have a copy of receipts, fill out forms, mail everything in and wait 3 - 6 months for a few dollars back. I think they make it so difficult so that people will say it's just not worth it and the company can pocket some extra cash.

12. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Maniac Posts: 482   +8

Rebates for me have been far from worthless, if anything just a little slow on the payout. I've had to call in once or twice before, but I have yet to have one actually yield nothing.

13. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

It also won't work if it's setup as RAID.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.