Tuesday tech deals: 42" Honeywell HDTV $340, 55" Sony HDTV $998

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Honeywell 42" 120Hz 1080p LCD HDTV for $340 + free shipping

Today only, TigerDirect offers the Honeywell LE.42T1, for $349.99. Coupon code "PUY76342" cuts it to $339.99. With free shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find for a comparable 42" 1080p LED-backlit HDTV with these specifications by $110 and among the best prices we've seen for any 42" 1080p LED HDTV. Features include a 120Hz refresh rate, LED backlight, USB, four HDMI inputs, and more. Also of note is the 55" Sony KDL55EX640 for $998 + $49 for shipping after coupon code "QIR76318", a price low by $152.

14" Asus Ivy Bridge Laptop w/ 1TB HDD for $549 + free shipping

Microsoft Store offers the 4.4lb Asus U47A-RGR4 for $549 with free shipping. That's tied with last week's mention as the least expensive 14" laptop we've seen with these specs. Features include a 14" 1366x768 LED-backlit LCD, an Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz Ivy Bridge dual-core processor, 8GB of RAM, a 1TB hard drive, a DVD burner, 802.11n wireless, Bluetooth, a webcam, a memory card reader, USB 3.0, a 6-cell battery, and Windows 7 Home Premium. Also of note is the IdeaPad U410 with an i5-3317U, 8GB of RAM, a 750GB HDD and 32GB SSD and a GeForce 610M 1GB for $599.

Lian Li Mini-ATX Desktop / Rackmount Computer Case for $170 + free shipping

mwave offers the Lian Li Mini-ATX Desktop / Rackmount Computer Case in Silver, model no. PC-C32A-USB3, for $169.99 with free shipping. That's the lowest total price we could find by $49. This case is designed for ATX and mini-ATX motherboards, and features two external 5.25" bays (one can be used for a 3.5" bay), exterior USB 3.0 and audio ports, two 120mm fans, and more.

Dell Latitude 10" 64GB WiFi Windows 8 Tablet for $649 + free shipping

Dell Home offers the Latitude 10 Windows 8 Tablet for $649 with free shipping. Although that's list price, it's tied with our mention from three weeks ago and still the lowest total price we could find for this newly-released tablet. It's also $50 under the 11" Microsoft Surface tablet. Sales tax is added where applicable. Features include a 10.1" IPS 1366x768 LCD (with Corning Gorilla Glass), an Intel Atom Z2760 1.8GHz CPU, 2GB of RAM, a 64GB SSD, 802.11n wireless, Bluetooth 4.0, a 720p HD front facing webcam, an 8-megapixel rear facing camera, a 2-cell swappable battery and Windows 8 32-bit.

Canon EOS Rebel T4i DSLR, Lenses Printer for $800 after rebate + free shipping

B&H Photo-VIdeo offers the Canon EOS Rebel T4i 18-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera Body with the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens, model no. 2044B002, bundled with the Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II Photo Printer, model no. 3295B002, and Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom Lens, model no. 2044B002, for $800 with free shipping, via the directions below. That's $319 less the lowest total price we could find for these items purchased separately elsewhere. 

SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual TV Tuner for $65 + free shipping

Newegg via eBay offers the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual TV Tuner in Black, model no. HDHR3-US, for $64.99 with free shipping. That's $5 under a deal from August and the lowest total price we could find by $17. Use this device with compatible DVR software to enable your PC to tune-in to and record HDTV programs delivered over-the-air via ATSC antenna or unencrypted cable QAM programs.

Permalink to story.

Wow...$650 for a 10" tablet?? You could build a semi-decent gaming PC for that much.

But you don't understand! It's a Windows 8 Tablet. So it has to be like a million times better than all the Android tablets, just because it's Windows. So a million times better, but only 3 times the cost of a Nexus 7. It's a better deal! In case anyone missed it, that's sarcasm. Microsoft is digging their own grave.

Wow...$650 for a 10" tablet?? You could build a semi-decent gaming PC for that much.
but its shiny and colorful and has a touchscreen. /sarcasm

For that price, you can get a decent gaming laptop...my $400 laptop can play BF3 on low/medium, so what can you get for 650? better than that...

But you don't understand! It's a Windows 8 Tablet. So it has to be like a million times better than all the Android tablets, just because it's Windows. So a million times better, but only 3 times the cost of a Nexus 7. It's a better deal! In case anyone missed it, that's sarcasm. Microsoft is digging their own grave.
Umm most 64GB, 10 inch tablets are in the $600 or more price range actually and yes that includes Android ones. BTW Nexus 10 with 32GB is $500 about how much do you think a 64GB version would cost? Oh yes around $600 or more (BTW comparing a 7 inch tablet to a 10 inch one is not a good thing to do).

Umm most 64GB, 10 inch tablets are in the $600 or more price range actually and yes that includes Android ones. BTW Nexus 10 with 32GB is $500 about how much do you think a 64GB version would cost? Oh yes around $600 or more (BTW comparing a 7 inch tablet to a 10 inch one is not a good thing to do).

You must work for Microsoft, because you don't get it either. Tablets have become an accessory device, not a replacement device. The Windows 8 Tablet sales have been modest at best, per Microsoft, and there's a reason for that. People don't want to shell out another $600 for a tablet which most people consider a companion to their PC or Laptop. Besides that fact that you probably don't need 64GB on a tablet considering you can store everything in the cloud and pull it down as necessary.

You must work for Microsoft, because you don't get it either. Tablets have become an accessory device, not a replacement device. The Windows 8 Tablet sales have been modest at best, per Microsoft, and there's a reason for that. People don't want to shell out another $600 for a tablet which most people consider a companion to their PC or Laptop. Besides that fact that you probably don't need 64GB on a tablet considering you can store everything in the cloud and pull it down as necessary.
No, I don't work for MS, BTW not everyone who doesn't agree with you works for "The Man". I was commenting on the people who were apparently making an issue of Microsofts 64GB tablet being expensive when all 64GB tablets are the same price range. If you would have slowed down and actually read the post I quoted you would see that, I agree that they are very overpriced but that wasn't the point I was making.

Back