TechSpot

Tuesday tech deals: 42" Honeywell HDTV $340, 55" Sony HDTV $998

By Matthew
Nov 13, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Today only, TigerDirect offers the Honeywell LE.42T1, for $349.99. Coupon code "PUY76342" cuts it to $339.99. With free shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find for a comparable 42" 1080p LED-backlit HDTV with these specifications by $110 and...

Read more

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,387   +425

Wow...$650 for a 10" tablet?? You could build a semi-decent gaming PC for that much.

ikesmasher likes this.
  3. taea00

taea00 TS Enthusiast Posts: 102

But you don't understand! It's a Windows 8 Tablet. So it has to be like a million times better than all the Android tablets, just because it's Windows. So a million times better, but only 3 times the cost of a Nexus 7. It's a better deal! In case anyone missed it, that's sarcasm. Microsoft is digging their own grave.

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,978   +390

but its shiny and colorful and has a touchscreen. /sarcasm

For that price, you can get a decent gaming laptop...my $400 laptop can play BF3 on low/medium, so what can you get for 650? better than that...

5. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,723   +63

Honeywell 42" 120Hz 1080p LCD HDTV for $340 + free shipping, pretty good deal

6. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 373   +70

Umm most 64GB, 10 inch tablets are in the $600 or more price range actually and yes that includes Android ones. BTW Nexus 10 with 32GB is $500 about how much do you think a 64GB version would cost? Oh yes around $600 or more (BTW comparing a 7 inch tablet to a 10 inch one is not a good thing to do).

7. taea00

taea00 TS Enthusiast Posts: 102

You must work for Microsoft, because you don't get it either. Tablets have become an accessory device, not a replacement device. The Windows 8 Tablet sales have been modest at best, per Microsoft, and there's a reason for that. People don't want to shell out another $600 for a tablet which most people consider a companion to their PC or Laptop. Besides that fact that you probably don't need 64GB on a tablet considering you can store everything in the cloud and pull it down as necessary.

8. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 373   +70

No, I don't work for MS, BTW not everyone who doesn't agree with you works for "The Man". I was commenting on the people who were apparently making an issue of Microsofts 64GB tablet being expensive when all 64GB tablets are the same price range. If you would have slowed down and actually read the post I quoted you would see that, I agree that they are very overpriced but that wasn't the point I was making.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.