Tuesday tech deals: Buy two used games, get a third free

Matthew DeCarlo

GameStop coupon: Buy two used games, get a third free

At GameStop, buy two used games and get a third used game for free via coupon code "B2G1FREE". That's tied with an expired deal from last month as the best used game promotion we've seen this year from GameStop. Shipping starts at $2.99, or spend over $25 (before coupon) for free shipping via coupon code "SAVER" (the code stacks). GameStop carries used Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 games, among others. Sales tax is added where applicable. Coupon ends August 21.

Five more tech deals after the jump.

Refurb Nikon D3000 10.2MP Digital SLR w/ lens for $375 + free shipping, more

Adorama offers the factory-refurbished Nikon D3000 10.2-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera with the Nikkor DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Image Stabilization Zoom Lens, model no. 25462, for $374.95. With free shipping, that's tied with a deal from May and it's the lowest total price we could find for a refurb by $43. It's also $112 under the best price we could find for a new unit. Features include a 3" LCD, 3fps, USB 2.0 connectivity, spot metering, Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) card slot, and more. A Nikon 90-day warranty applies.

Alternatively, Adorama offers the factory-refurbished Nikon D5000 12.3-Megapixel SLR Digital Camera together with the Nikon Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Zoom Lens for $519.95. With free shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find for a refurb by $80 and $180 under the best price we could find for a new unit. The D5000 features a 2.7" LCD, 720p video recording, 4 fps burst, dust reduction system, SDHC card slot, optical image stabilization, HDMI and USB connectivity, and more. A 90-Day Nikon warranty applies.

LG 42" 1080p LCD HDTV for $559 + free shipping

JR offers the LG 42" 42LD450 LCD HDTV for $569. Coupon code "geico10" drops it to $559. With free shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find by $40. Features include a native resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p), 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 4ms response time, USB 2.0 connectivity, two HDMI inputs, and VGA, component, and other video inputs. Note: This item is now on backorder, but you can still order it at this price.

Mediagate 1080p HD Media Player for $70 + free shipping

Buy.com offers the Mediagate Media Player, model no. MG-M2TVD, for $70.24 with free shipping. That's the lowest total price we could find by $9. Features include full 1080p via HDMI output, DTS 2.0 audio, support for most video, audio, and photo formats (including RealMedia), two USB 2.0 ports, media card slot, support for any external USB hard drive, and more.

Lenovo coupon: 10% to 15% off select ThinkPad laptops

Ending today, Lenovo cuts 15% off its ThinkPad notebooks via coupon code "USPTHINKDEALS", as listed below. Plus, it stacks with other existing discounts. Combined with free shipping, that's tied with last week's mention as among the best coupons we've seen on Lenovo laptops in recent weeks. Sales tax is added where applicable. The deals: 15% off ThinkPad X201, T410s, X100e, and Edge series laptops.

4-Port USB Squid Hub for $2 + free shipping

Cellular Factory offers this 4-Port USB 2.0 "Squid" Cable Hub for $1.99. Coupon code "1NEUVA" yields free shipping. That's $2 under our April mention and the lowest total price we could for a 4-port "squid" (or "octopus") hub by $3. Deal ends August 21.

Permalink to story.

The coupon code for J&R (GEICO10) will work for any product on JR.com. It takes $10 off any order $100 or more.

I just ordered a 2TB HDD / NAS yesterday w/ this coupon. (Western Digital 2TB My Book World Edition External Hard Drive). Total cost including shipping was $194...cheapest I could find.

Code expires 9/30/2010

There is no B2G1 at GameStop.

I'm a Store Manager and we received a memo via email this morning letting us know that this was circulating on the web and that we are NOT having a B2G1 sale.

I can confirm the coupon works on the GameStop.com. I added three random used Xbox 360 games to my cart, entered the coupon "B2G1FREE" and the price of the cheapest game was removed from the total. Perhaps the memo is saying this deal isn't available in stores?

Back