TechSpot

Tuesday tech deals: Huge HDTV, laptop discounts and more

By Matthew
Aug 18, 2009
  1. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,536   +575

I really appreciate the Pricewatch/deals section here at TechSpot. Have used it many times and none more importantly than right now. I'm going to be buying an HDTV within the next 2-3 days (swore to myself I wasn't going through another football season without one) and am seriously considering pulling the trigger on this LG 50" plasma.

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

2,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio ???? this is getting ridiculous, how black can black get? LOL

3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Yeah I saw that too, back in 03 I remember plasma's being 10000:1. Either way you cant say you dont want one. I'd buy one but I'm saving so I can try to soothe my brain to make a 6 core processor buy, highly unlikely though.

4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,199   +420

I picked up my 4th HDTV yesterday via this Sears deal - super cheap for a 42" 1080p LG set. Ended up getting it even cheaper than the current deal paying only $599 for the set. With prices getting this low how can you not have a flat panel television anymore? This one is for my bedroom.

BTW - as with most other things the contrast ratio values are just a new numbers game - as is the hz numbers beyond 120 or 240. There are some very slight reasons to have a higher value here, but once you get a good multiple of 24 and 30 (120) then the value of having higher numbers diminishes.

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

damn, I am in Iraq. I wish I were home to get this! I am buying a TV when I get back!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.