By Matthew
Jan 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

Might get the speakers.
  2. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 879   +85

I understand that price is most of the appeal of those speakers, but...The Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers are AMAZING!!! They can be had for $140-$200 depending on where you get them. I picked mine up at best buy for $160 with 2 year replacement warrenty. 130w sub and 2X 35w satellites. I feel that the kilpsch promedia speakers are the best computer speakers on the market.
  3. Well sure, the budget logitech x-530&40s may not be the highest quality speaker systems around, there are a lot of speakers that are much better for music/movies, but for ACTUAL surround sound for games, you can't beat these.
  4. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

I got the X-540s for $50 :p
  5. Speakers are a great deal, sadly I am in no need of any at the moment or I would snatch that.

Dell monitor is crap though. For 24" I would rather get an Asus or Samsung and end up paying more or less the same price for better picture quality in a monitor.
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,520   +311

I know there's a lot of people that swear by the Promedias but I've had both sets, and the entry level Logitech 5.1 system seemed a lot better if you don't mind the cabling IMO. Neither will offer true high fidelity audio, but they are quite good for the price.
  7. nismo91

nismo91 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,000   +11

for $40 they're a bargain. promedia are good, but iFi is much better.
  8. i went on the website and the price was $44 plus shipping to meridian ID would cost $17 buck :\ plus these were made back in 2004 id rather get the new ones for a little more lol
  9. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,575   +47

Wow...Them speakers are a bargin now. I've got the 2.1 version, and they sound fantastic.
  10. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 948   +45

I... I might have to get a set... I have fond memories of the x-530.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.