By Matthew
Jan 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. KG363

KG363 TS Guru Posts: 515   +9

Might get the speakers.

2. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,906   +954

I understand that price is most of the appeal of those speakers, but...The Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers are AMAZING!!! They can be had for $140-$200 depending on where you get them. I picked mine up at best buy for $160 with 2 year replacement warrenty. 130w sub and 2X 35w satellites. I feel that the kilpsch promedia speakers are the best computer speakers on the market.

3. Well sure, the budget logitech x-530&40s may not be the highest quality speaker systems around, there are a lot of speakers that are much better for music/movies, but for ACTUAL surround sound for games, you can't beat these.

4. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

I got the X-540s for $50 :p

5. Speakers are a great deal, sadly I am in no need of any at the moment or I would snatch that.

Dell monitor is crap though. For 24" I would rather get an Asus or Samsung and end up paying more or less the same price for better picture quality in a monitor.

6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

I know there's a lot of people that swear by the Promedias but I've had both sets, and the entry level Logitech 5.1 system seemed a lot better if you don't mind the cabling IMO. Neither will offer true high fidelity audio, but they are quite good for the price.

7. nismo91

nismo91 TS Evangelist Posts: 900   +15

for $40 they're a bargain. promedia are good, but iFi is much better.

8. i went on the website and the price was $44 plus shipping to meridian ID would cost $17 buck :\ plus these were made back in 2004 id rather get the new ones for a little more lol

9. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

Wow...Them speakers are a bargin now. I've got the 2.1 version, and they sound fantastic.

10. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,333   +267

I... I might have to get a set... I have fond memories of the x-530.