TechSpot

Tuesday tech deals: Walmart's 'Amazing Electronics Event'

By Matthew
Nov 2, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,559   +598

I hate going to "Wally's Mart," but that $35 for $50 iTunes card deal is pretty sweet.

2. cardriverx

cardriverx TS Rookie Posts: 82

Damn, the external is sold out already lol

3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

Imagine the money you'd save if you bought a whole bunch. Though there's probably a limit.

4. arod916

arod916 TS Member Posts: 22

Yeah lets all fight over the one tv of each model they will have in stock.

5. Frostback

Frostback TS Rookie

They'll usually have more than a few for these events. Black Friday stuff will typically be limited to 6-10 depending on the store. I was looking at a 26" for a new monitor, and $200 is pretty good deal. Plus, you can always check in the morning if they have any in-stock, or use their new Pick Up Today feature at 12:01 to have it ready for you in the morning.

6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Damn, all these things popping up. I don't really need to get an HDTV for my bedroom, the old POS SDTV I have will work just fine, but for $200, it's hard to pass up on a same size TV that has HD capabilities. I will have to think about this one, .but will most likely pass it up since I don't really need the HD in there, as I only watch it once in a blue moon.

7. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Guru Posts: 377   +6

Man, i'd love to see a weekly deal for aussies too :x seeing all the great deals hit only the guys in the states is kinda depressing lol

8. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Guru Posts: 435   +24

Nice deals but sadly its short lived.

9. Superpeter

Superpeter TS Member Posts: 49

You can find 28" 1080p for 250$ now....That 26" might be a sweeter deal if it was 120hz!! If you purchased that you wouldn't feel as wise once you started comparing all the deals coming out. Actually, with the recession and the HUGE overstock of computer parts at distributor's none of these deals are that special..Nothing you cant find on Tech Spot's daily "Pricewatch" page.

10. kaonis92

kaonis92 TS Enthusiast Posts: 118

"$50 iTunes Gift Card for $35 (in-store only)" lol is Walmart making any profit with that price?

11. frodough

frodough TS Rookie Posts: 90

some gift cards cost you money if you dont use it cuz they have expiration date not sure how these pan out

12. omega00

omega00 TS Enthusiast Posts: 38

Pretty decent deals on the LCD's. I realize that Wal-Mart is trying to get rid of old inventory of LCDs to make room for LED LCDs. I would wait later this year or early next year for lower prices of LED LCDs.

13. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 469   +97

$50 gift card with the ps3 move bundle for 399 is a great deal. First off the console itself has the bigger 320 GB hard drive which standalone would normally be 350. So basically, you're getting move for free. I doubt you'll find a better deal.

14. Frostback

Frostback TS Rookie

For what I'm needing, (mainly WoW) no super high end games, this would serve the purpose. Also, would add a TV to the computer room to help there. Even if it is only 720p and 60 Hz.

15. Frostback

Frostback TS Rookie

It's limit 2 per customer.

16. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Can regular people really tell the difference between 720 and 1080? I know I sure can't tell 'that' much of a difference. And for the increased price for 1080, I don't see the big deal.