TechSpot

Tutorial(s) for updating security programs

By learninmypc
Apr 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I'm trying to find tutorials for "just" the updating part of SAS,SpywareBlaster & M-bam.
    I've been to bleeping computer but some of those incude "everything", not to mention they weren't current the last time I checked.
    Any suggestions/ideas? TIA :)

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,095   +592

Huh? what's the mystery? Almost all have Check For Updates - - just use it.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 6,531   +332

I agree. But some people don't know how to follow "easy" directions.
    I sent a self made tutorial with pictures to a friend & was told it was to difficult to understand.
    I've never had a problem with the programs I've used. Some aren't as smart as you & me:D

4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

If someone can't follow a step-by-step guide with pictures then they are either too lazy, purposely being uncooperative, or have severe learning/mental disorders. I used to get this all the time in IT support.

Either way, they are unfit for functioning in modern society. It's not your problem.

5. B00kWyrm

B00kWyrm TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,436   +37

With St1ckM4n here. (Sounds like my dad.)
    Some people don't want to learn... just for you to "fix it" for them.

"another 1d-10t problem."
    "most computer problems sit about 18" in front of the monitor."

I think I saw some decent instructions at one point a couple years ago.
    A little checking on computer support forums (like here?) might turn something up...
    or at bleeping, or g2g...

But, I have trouble believing your "self made tutorial with pictures" could be that opaque!

6. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 6,531   +332

@St1ckMan & @BOOkWyrm, I know two people right now that truthfully should not own a pc.
    Its a mother & daughter. Not my mother thou.
    Mother believed this pc was slow because I had a couple hundred pictures on it.
    Then, she was convinced the security programs I put on her Vista Home PC were slowing it down so somebody removed them. All it needs is a bit more RAM.
    Thank you both for your input.:D