TechSpot

TV and Monitor Problems

By Zsj
May 20, 2008
  1. Hello,

I need help with something thats got me MAD.

Just a wee bit ago my TV and Monitor where working just fine together,
    then I noticed that the TV was not displaying all of the desktop (My VC is a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 with S-video out, VGA out, and Dig Vid out) so I tried to 'Resize' the screen, then when I did the desktop didnt fit to screen right.
    so, I tried to look around in the settings but no avail, there isnt a feature
    in it that allows me to stretch the screen on the TV.

Then I went threw this taunting round about with my computer, thinking that is is smarter then me. my computer is apparently stupid.
    I ended up pressing the wrong thing and made the computer turn my TV and monitor into Dual View when i wanted it Clone View.

also, the tv remains black no matter what i do, unless i unplug it then is blue, because the computer is hooked up to the tv threw VCR's

I would have been able to easily fix this if I had my older VC software installed
    but then I would not be able to play my favorite games, like GTA SA.

so, here i am, asking if you know what i should do.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,222   +231

Try updating your new video cards drivers. Go to the Nvidia support website and get the driver from there

3. Zsj

Zsj TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 84

i did, but it didnt seem to work.

4. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

The software in the NVIDIA drivers has an option to change from Clone to Dual and vice versa. I believe right clicking on desktop>properties also has an option. As for not showing up, are you using SVIDEO or VGA to tv? If its a decent TV, did you check the resolution? I am guessing so........

5. Zsj

its like a 11 year old samsung 27 inch and im using svideo out

6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,222   +231

It may be time for a new TV... I just sold a 32" Philips/Magnavox for $50. It was 12 years old

7. Zsj

well, thats what i say, but theres no convincing my moms.

8. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Err... ok....aside from that I have no clue on what you could do.

9. Zsj

Oh, ok well thanks anyways.

i just use the Single display when my moms wants to watch movies, then switch back.

Again, Thank's

Z

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.