TV and Monitor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zsj

Hello,

I need help with something thats got me MAD.

Just a wee bit ago my TV and Monitor where working just fine together,
then I noticed that the TV was not displaying all of the desktop (My VC is a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 with S-video out, VGA out, and Dig Vid out) so I tried to 'Resize' the screen, then when I did the desktop didnt fit to screen right.
so, I tried to look around in the settings but no avail, there isnt a feature
in it that allows me to stretch the screen on the TV.

Then I went threw this taunting round about with my computer, thinking that is is smarter then me. my computer is apparently stupid.
I ended up pressing the wrong thing and made the computer turn my TV and monitor into Dual View when i wanted it Clone View.

also, the tv remains black no matter what i do, unless i unplug it then is blue, because the computer is hooked up to the tv threw VCR's

I would have been able to easily fix this if I had my older VC software installed
but then I would not be able to play my favorite games, like GTA SA.

so, here i am, asking if you know what i should do.

Try updating your new video cards drivers. Go to the Nvidia support website and get the driver from there

The software in the NVIDIA drivers has an option to change from Clone to Dual and vice versa. I believe right clicking on desktop>properties also has an option. As for not showing up, are you using SVIDEO or VGA to tv? If its a decent TV, did you check the resolution? I am guessing so........

It may be time for a new TV... I just sold a 32" Philips/Magnavox for $50. It was 12 years old

Oh, ok well thanks anyways.

i just use the Single display when my moms wants to watch movies, then switch back.

Again, Thank's

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back