TV on my PC?

learninmypc

My current tv is 2nd hand & old. I don't get the entire picture on it & have had a few neighborhood techies try to adjust the settings without luck.
What I'm thinking of doing is getting a USB tv tuner. I have a very limited budget, so nothing too fancy.
I currently watch my local news online & same with cbsevening news.
Any suggestions ? :)

Wait u dont have the right connector to support it or ur problem is with the resolution didnt quite get that though I do set my pc on my tv and the problem is that I always end up having to resize my desktop resolution from my nvidia control panel there should be the same option on the cataylst u will need to set a new resolution the one which fits your tv it will be random but infact your tv will have the normal resolution it actualy uses in the one it is in reality ex. my resolution is 1842x1036 but in reality the pc still reads it as 1920x1080 as it is in reality

I'm not concerned about trying to correct the tv, I'm wanting an inexpensive USB device to connect my pc to my cable box so I can watch tv on my pc. When I watch my local news on my pc, I see the entire picture & better picture quality.

The only problem that u might have with this product is that it seems to be available in india only but its cheap idk about the shipping though or if its able to connect ur box with it

There's tons of them. USB DVB-T Tuner. <$50 you'll find a heap. :)

Take note, the USB ones don't pick up signal as well as TV's or more expensive cards.

Ok, does it make a difference that I have basic cable on my tv?
As it is right now, I have a cable to my cable box & one out to tv. I could be wrong, but I thought I'd just take the cable going to the tv & hook it to the USB which plugs into the pc. Right or not?

Errr, that may or may not work. I was referring to DVB-T, which is usually antenna>TV directly.

Keep the box and receipt just in case!

To bad you can go $30 bucks more of course I only paid $50 for these when they were on sale the HDHomeRun dual and picked up an additional one also 4x tuners. Works very good you can have more than one on your network. You need need a Windows 7 or 8 PC with Media Center on their. HDTV ANT outside.

HomeRun_overview_lg.jpg

I am on my W7 pc & it has WMP if that'll work. $$$ is still my big problem but I might be able to go more. Thanks.

It's a good device if you can get one.. No hardware to install on the PC just pop-in the CD for software configuration setup. The HDHomeRun stays near your router. That's about it and you'll need one coax cable it does come with the network cables also. Inside the HDHomeRun it has dual tuners.

Thanks for the info. I'm not registered at that website nor do I have/use credit/debit cards or checking acct.
I'm strictly cash only..
I checked at a local Radio Shack & it didn't sound too promising so I've basically given up on the iidea..I shoould of posted back earlier,but got sidetracked.

HomeRunHD about a year now with it works great for me. I have 2x so I have 4 tuners. Can be used from any PC on your network since it has 100MBps port on the back with the RF (dual tuners internal)

Back