TechSpot

TV-out problem with Radeon 9000

By kanning
Jun 23, 2003
  1. Hi,
    I have a problem connecting my new Radeon 9000 to my TV. The TV is connected to the card by the S-VHS-Cinch cable, that was delivered with the card. When booting I do see bios-information on both screens, monitor and TV, but when windows (win98) starts, the TV turns black and there's only some flickering sometimes.
    In display->settings->advanced->Displays option I have a red cross for my tv-out. I already installed the latest drivers and directx9, but it didn`t help anything.
    Anyone any idea what to do?

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

It sounds like windows isn't making the connection to the TV properly. Have you tried using RCA outs? I know it will show the red X if you don't have a proper connection to the TV, or no connection at all. Try the RCA and then post back.

BTW, :wave: :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave: :wave:

3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

Check TV-out settings - have you selected the right connector and TV format (PAL/SECAM/NTSC) ?

4. kanning

kanning TS Rookie Topic Starter

No RCA out, no TV settings

Thanks for your answers, but
    I can't try the RCA out because there's isn't one. The card has a DVI-I, a VGA and a S-VHS output.
    And I can't access the TV settings, because the TV settings box is greyed out.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.