Tweak UI...wont

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Bone

I cannot get Tweak UI to uninstall. My OS is XP!
Before the msblast virus I was using an updated version of tweak UI. I did a system restore to get rid of a program that I couldn't delete its driver.

Well I got rid of that version of tweak UI, so I downloaded it again from Microsoft. It was corrupt so I downloaded again. No go, so I went over to geeks.com to download it and downloaded it.
Then I installed it, but its the early version I had when I had Windows 98. Not happy with version I tried to uninstall and it will not uninstall at all.

I went to the add/remove programs and uninstalled. OK, but the icon is still on the control panel. So I click on it and it still works. Went through the help menu, it re-enters it in the registry so I can uninstall again. Now it says its been uninstalled already, but it still works?? WTF??

Anyone have a solution?

if I am not mistaken tweak Ui integrates itself intot he windows shell so the only real way to get rid of it is a reformat and reinstall. the best thing to do since it takes up very little space is ignore it.

When I tried to install the new it said to uninstall the old version.

the other problem is I downloaded the new one from Microsoft and I keep getting a corupt file. First D/L was good, lost where I put it, second and thrid D/L are corupt.....damn,,

Its funny that this is supposed to be a "new" version, I've had it for nearly a year, and I believe I have pointed others to it in previous posts.

it was advertised as a new version just weeks ago

not that i bothered to notice in what way it was improved, but, nonetheless, i updated tweak ui to it's most current version

I downloaded again and this is the error I keep getting!

check the picture I uploaded down below.

Attachments

• tweak ui install.jpg
    tweak ui install.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 6
that version of tweakxp is for service pack 1

your error is because that function "GetDllDirectoryW" is a new function to win xp sp1.

it's trying to find a function that your computer doesn't have.
what this means is you have 2 options.....

1. upgrade to service pack 1
2. find an older version of tweakui

Tweak UI
This PowerToy gives you access to system settings that are not exposed in the Windows XP default user interface, including mouse settings, Explorer settings, taskbar settings, and more.

Version 2.10 requires Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Windows Server 2003.

GetDllDirectory
The GetDllDirectory function retrieves the application-specific portion of the search path used to locate DLLs for the application.

. . . . .

Requirements
Client: Included in Windows XP SP1.
Server: Included in Windows Server 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back