TechSpot

Twitter is testing a mute function to silence annoying people you can't unfollow

By Shawn Knight
May 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. It's a common occurrence in the social networking realm - you follow / friend a relative, co-worker or someone you just met at a bar but soon after, you're regretting the decision. Perhaps they ramble too much or don't share...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,332   +804

Cool. That's great. I can't wait to try it out... Wait, hold on, I may not be able to check it out because I don't follow anyone, in fact all I use a twitter account for is to sign into other things quickly and painlessly.

3. I can "not follow" entire Twitter. It's simple, I never visit their website. Why on Earth would I care about "muting" something that I don't follow at all ? This is akin to worrying about muting TV commercials for those who don't watch TV anymore.

A solution for first world problems ...

4. highlander84

highlander84 TS Member Posts: 99   +21

I do not use twitter, but If your my best friend and I for some reason I don't like whatever...to bad!! Grow a pair and tell people the truth and stop with this touchy feely BS! wow how immature are people(kids?) now days.

Raoul Duke likes this.
  5. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 412   +106

Got to love all the people who come onto social media posts talking about how they don't use social media.

Congratulations.

6. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Booster Posts: 375   +43

Would be more useful if it would hide your tweets from other people specifically.

7. Aaah! The freedom of not using Twitter or Facebook! Life is so less complicated!!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.