TechSpot

Twitter plays down hacker breach, 55,000 accounts posted online

By Leeky
May 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Twitter has launched an investigation after the popular micro-blogging service was breached and details of 55,000 accounts were published on the Internet by hackers. Despite this, it appears that the spoils were...

Read the whole story
  2. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

I looked at the password dumps and they definitely looked like spam account, all of the passwords were combinations of letters and numbers and if 55,000 Twitter normal account passwords were leaked I would expect to see a lot of cheesy passwords ("bieverfever", et al.) ;)
  3. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

I highly doubt that ANON had anything to actually do with the hack itself. Prolly some ANON wannabe. Or someone trying to cause trouble and bad press with ANON. Those hacker collectives normally dont destroy the tools they use. And ANON uses twitter a lot.
    Anyone notice how quite ANON has been since the FBI bust?
  4. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Enthusiast Posts: 315   +18

I agree with you, they also strike with a reason. Not just willy nilly hack this and that.
  5. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

hmmmm i wonder how many of those Twitter passwords are also the mail password... Ctrl-C.... Ctrl-V Ctrl-C.... Ctrl-V Ctrl-C.... Ctrl-V Ctrl-C.... Ctrl-V Ctrl-C.... Ctrl-V

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.