Two beeps after HP laptop upgrade

I have a an HP laptop DV6623cl laptop. I upgraded the processor from the factory 1.5 ghz processor (Intel L7400) to a 2.2 ghz processor (Intel T6600). I believe I did the installation correctly and without damaging any of the hardware, I could be wrong but would appreciate comments about other possible problems (read: not jumping to the conclusion that I am screwed!) I am almost positive that BIOS is pheonix and I upgraded it to the most recent version (2010) before installing the new hardware.

After the installation the computer will not boot. I can still access the bios and it recognizes that it has the new cpu, it correctly identifies it.
When I start the computer it beeps 2 times and then goes to a screen that says: press F1 to resume, F10 to setup. The LED, on the computer's bottom left, for power also beeps continuously at a regular interval. It will not start without power despite the battery being new (5 days old).
Pressing F1 leads to the computer to try to start windows where it comes to a blue screen that says something about hardware at the top. It restarts before I have a chance to read it. Pressin F10 takes me to the bios options.

One last note, I have tried to have it boot from a USB drive but when the windows screen comes up it says loads the software then freezes on the windows screen.

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Jack

The first question I have to ask is how do you know the CPU is supported by that laptop BIOS?

Thank you for your quick reply! I just figured it out and you might not believe it but appearently I had only failed to push one of the ram sticks in all the way! A bit embarassing but thank you for your help!

Jack

No problems, thank you for letting us know its sorted. We've all been there at some point! :haha:

Back