Two former Valve employees bring augmented reality glasses to Kickstarter

By Shawn Knight
Oct 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A pair of former Valve employees have launched a new company and a Kickstarter campaign to raise money to create a pair of augmented reality glasses. It’s called CastAR and it consists of a pair of glasses with two micro-projectors...

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,117   +234

So let me guess this straight they left valve to put this on kickstarter despite gabe being cool with them taking over the project he had no interest in doing... what made them leave valve instead of working for valve and doing the augmented reality glasses o.O??

Seems like a loss loss situation now they left valve and if this doesn't take off they wasted their good career for what nothing.
  3. SalaSSin

SalaSSin TechSpot Member Posts: 92   +28

And if it does take off, it's their IP & their money, not Valve's...
    VitalyT likes this.
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,672   +509

Amazing things can be created off a couch these days, I feel like working on one right now... :)
  5. kuroiei

kuroiei Newcomer, in training Posts: 39

Another one of these? With all due respect to their venture, I'd like some augmented reality socks. Mine are boring and I already wear normal glasses.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.