Two laptops two wireless problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

uch

HI, i have disucssed this earlier but got no reply so i am tyring again.

Me and my bro have a home wireless netowkr setup. We both use two laptops which are exactly the same models
the problem is that while his wirless works fine, my wireless occasionally drops. This usually happens when a runnng program e..g msn or voip, freezes. when i close it, the internet is knocked off. In the device manager, my wirless adaptor is connected while doing a ping says the network card is not connected. To fix the problems i just thave to siwtch it off and on again..

Note: this is a realtek 8187b wirless card and it only shows on the device manager when i switch it on.

Now i took both these laptops to a friend's house. My laptop worked fine!!, but my bro's internet ddint even start!!!...it kept on connecting, then disconnecting etc....what is the damn issue!!!

After updating drivers, I had trouble getting my wifi to talk to my router...
here is what worked for me.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914440

The "Network Diagnostics for Windows XP tool" resolved in seconds all the connectivity issues I was having.
Mind you, I prefer Firefox as my browser...
but MS does make some good stuff.

thanks for the quick reply ..but we are running vista home premium :S

and we also prefer firefox ;)

there was absolutely nothing in it!

please help me
My computer's internet disconnects,it shows ive tunred off the adaptor but it still shows in the device manager!!!...when i switch it off it doesnt!

plz helpe me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back