Two monitors

By wskeech
Aug 20, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just purchased an HP computer w/ XP home, MCE, and an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 video card. It looks as though this system will support a 2nd monitor. In additional to the monitor, I'd like to hook up my Samsung DLP TV that has a 15 pin female VGA. Any suggestions on how to connect the TV? I do not see an additional port on my computer. Should I get some type of splitter or additional card?
  2. i_am_a_newbie

i_am_a_newbie Newcomer, in training Posts: 278

So you want two monitors and a TV?

You'll need to use your S-Video out to hook it up to the TV(I'm assuming the TV has an S-Video port).

EDIT

wow I completely missed the DLP part. Sorry.
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,199   +229

You may want to try adding a PCI video card in there to connect your DLP. You might need a gender changer (very cheap part) to hook up the DB15, but I doubt it. Just get a DB15 extension cable and that should work for you. I used to do that for my TV - but if you have HDMI you might want to look into DVI>HDMI cables instead.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.