Two monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased an HP computer w/ XP home, MCE, and an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 video card. It looks as though this system will support a 2nd monitor. In additional to the monitor, I'd like to hook up my Samsung DLP TV that has a 15 pin female VGA. Any suggestions on how to connect the TV? I do not see an additional port on my computer. Should I get some type of splitter or additional card?

wskeech said:
I just purchased an HP computer w/ XP home, MCE, and an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 video card. It looks as though this system will support a 2nd monitor. In additional to the monitor, I'd like to hook up my Samsung DLP TV that has a 15 pin female VGA. Any suggestions on how to connect the TV? I do not see an additional port on my computer. Should I get some type of splitter or additional card?
So you want two monitors and a TV?

You'll need to use your S-Video out to hook it up to the TV(I'm assuming the TV has an S-Video port).

EDIT

wow I completely missed the DLP part. Sorry.

You may want to try adding a PCI video card in there to connect your DLP. You might need a gender changer (very cheap part) to hook up the DB15, but I doubt it. Just get a DB15 extension cable and that should work for you. I used to do that for my TV - but if you have HDMI you might want to look into DVI>HDMI cables instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back