Two Xbox 360s cannot connect in one house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackf89

Hi, me and my brother both have xbox 360s and we are having trouble being on both xbox's logged into xbox live at the same time.

One of us will lose connection and it will bring us back to the menu but then we can sign in again.

I think it is because my router is old, it is a linksys router and the model number is BEFW11S4 V.2

if the IP addresses were properly configured, then they could coexist, but still have
network issues.

The xbox needs port-forwarding from the router to ONE of the xboxes by address,
thus excluding the other box even though it's online.

Are you trying to connect wired or wireless? If wireless then yes your router is too old, even my new Belkig G+ MIMO can't keep up with my PS3, so two Xbox360 for and old router with B protocol I think should an issue.

'keeping up with' is quiet different than 'able to connect' :)

I reiterate: with proper IP addresses on the Xboxes, they can connect, but
due to port forwarding requirements, only ONE will operate as intended :)

How far away from the router are each box?? If one is close and the other is far away (assuming they are both wired), then you should install a hub next to (or in close proximity to) the box which is the farthest away. Had the same problem here, but once I installed a hub, never had the problem again.

Make sure you have two different Xbox Live accounts, if you have the same one and and your loggin in at the same time with the same name, it will log one out and login on the other. That basically means you need to buy another Xbox Live Gold Card.

Configure your router to be DHCP, and make it so that your Mac ID on each Xbox360 is save in a pool so that both Xbox's have different Static IP's (Internal IPs)

That should solve your problems. Best be is to wire both systems too, if they are wireless they may not be getting a good signal and dropping.

Wired is the safest way!

i had the same problem with mine, i went over the IP adresses, changed the thing with my router and all that. finally it was working good with an open NAT.

I have a Linksys WR54T and two xbox 360's connected with not problems what so ever. One's wired and one's connecting wireless. Didn't even have to configure the router for either 360 or anything. So you're router may simply just be too old or it's firmware is out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back