U.S. Senator tells Google it needs a "terrorist button"

By Rick
Nov 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. In a letter addressed to Google's CEO, Larry Page, the company is asked to add a "flag" for content deemed to be terrorist related. The letter was sent by well-known Independent,…

Read the whole story
  2. Mudvayne819

Mudvayne819 TS Rookie Posts: 42

oh shiz dont flag my site as terrorist!!! us going to bomb my house!
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,525   +828

This is one of the lamest things ive heard in a while.
  4. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,101   +95

That's a HORRIBLE idea! People will end up abusing it, just like youtube's flagging procedure is abused. There is only one real solution when you think you've encountered a terrorist promoting website... Call the FBI's local field office in your area, simple as that, and it only takes a couple minutes.
  5. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 853   +352

Not no, but h*ll no!
    I'm a law and order guy as much as anyone in law enforcement, but, the 1st amendment trumps this kind of legislative stupidity.
    This would be the key to the government deeming content not suitable for viewing.
    It's like anything else the government does. Give them an inch, and they would end up
    taking the whole thing!
    No no no, keep your hands off the internet. I don't care for probably 80% of the garbage
    on the web, but, I don't have to view/listen/watch it either!
  6. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,101   +95

7. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Addict Posts: 331   +99

The things people do to get themselves in the news .... even if it's an epic fail of an idea.. Sad thing is i can see one of the many Republican nominees upping the stupidity level on this one to show that they are more in control then the next guy...
  8. Maybe someone should brand the Us Senate and Congress as terrorist... after all they are the ones who funded bin laden, the Taliban, Saddam and Iraq after they funded Iran and the local population overthrew us puppets. The list goes on and on the true threat to the world is the US Government
  9. ...and obviously 4chan will end up reporting Microsoft dot com a hundred thousand times as a terrorist site...
  10. It used to be the communists, now its the terrorists.
  11. They need to justify all money they get for weapons
  12. Button size should be BIGGER then Google Logo !
  13. Oh I can't wait to use the Terrorist button, my neighbors dog terrorizes me every time i come home, my Girlfriend terorizes me every time i get a call on my cell phone from another female dosnt matter who, my postman terrorizes me my electricl company and gas company terrorize me coming on my property without asking and frightens me to dseath whenever i see shadows on my windows that terrorizes me, my whole neighborhood terorizes me, the paper boy terrorizes me.....
  14. please submit by uploading the female terrorists photos for the world to see
  15. don't forget the Android icon, terrorist tab button
  16. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Thats the best thing he can do with his time?
  17. this thing terrorize me...where is the damn button.....then in some years they will ask for an automatic nuclear Strike Button...i d i o t s
  18. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,456   +1,759

Well, if the terrorists are hooked up with Facebook, couldn't they just put a "Like" button on their sites to get around this...? :confused: :rolleyes: :haha:
  19. Lieberman, the guy who regularly sells himself ? Ok good idea though, The 1st page I will signal as terrorist is his.
  20. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TS Enthusiast Posts: 186

21. SalaSSin

SalaSSin TS Booster Posts: 135   +42

22. Gars

Gars TS Booster Posts: 222

US military:
    - So, who's next?
    - Check google...
  23. foreverzero89

foreverzero89 TS Enthusiast Posts: 217

just another way the congress is shitting on the Constitution.
  24. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,681   +86

I think this sort of scare mongering by a certain lobby is one way of keeping people from questioning the 'real' motives behind the so called WOT, but then again what else one can expect from a herd of sheep.
  25. If our government followed the Constitution, we would be 180 Degrees from where we are now, in every possible way. This country is in the toilet.