TechSpot

Ubuntu is the best: Asus G1S works well with Ubuntu

By Rukasuzu
Jan 4, 2009
  1. Ubuntu is the best. :D Asus G1S works well with Ubuntu!
    I have also configured AsusOled in Ubuntu :D

If you don't believe me here is proof!
    I have included a picture

I have done DualBoot - Vista and Ubuntu. I need Vista for Webcam, cause Webcam is upside down in Ubuntu. Ubuntu I can use for fun :D All you need is a 160 GB hard rive and you are set :D
    I just love Grub, the Grub themes look so beautiful and the splash screen logo as well :D

2. brucethetech

brucethetech TS Enthusiast Posts: 229

congrats. are you new to the Linux based OS

3. Rukasuzu

Rukasuzu TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 174

I am kinda new I have tried long ago on my old laptop

I am kinda new I have tried long ago on my old laptop. My old laptop didn't do to well!
    You should always install Both systems on Internal disk. I didn't have enough space long ago. All you need is 160GB, 120 GB isn't enough. If I could take a screenie of grub I would.

4. Drowsiness

Drowsiness TS Rookie Posts: 41

Yeah, Ubuntu is kinda cool.

I prefer a more hands-on distro (Gentoo), but that's only because I like to have complete control. :)

Anyway, grats on your installation! Have fun with it and be sure you setup Compiz-Fusion for some really cool effects!

5. Rukasuzu

Yeah my compiz fusion is already setup. Nvidia does it automatically for me :D

Yeah my compiz fusion is already setup. Nvidia does it automatically for me :D

6. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 572   +6

Ubuntu is dull out of the Box, but compiz definitely adds a lot.

7. Rukasuzu

sure does :D

sure does :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.