TechSpot

Ubuntu is the best: Asus G1S works well with Ubuntu

By Rukasuzu
Jan 4, 2009
  1. Ubuntu is the best. :D Asus G1S works well with Ubuntu!
    I have also configured AsusOled in Ubuntu :D

If you don't believe me here is proof!
    I have included a picture

I have done DualBoot - Vista and Ubuntu. I need Vista for Webcam, cause Webcam is upside down in Ubuntu. Ubuntu I can use for fun :D All you need is a 160 GB hard rive and you are set :D
    I just love Grub, the Grub themes look so beautiful and the splash screen logo as well :D

2. brucethetech

brucethetech TS Enthusiast Posts: 301

congrats. are you new to the Linux based OS

3. Rukasuzu

Rukasuzu TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 181

I am kinda new I have tried long ago on my old laptop

I am kinda new I have tried long ago on my old laptop. My old laptop didn't do to well!
    You should always install Both systems on Internal disk. I didn't have enough space long ago. All you need is 160GB, 120 GB isn't enough. If I could take a screenie of grub I would.

4. Drowsiness

Drowsiness TS Rookie Posts: 47

Yeah, Ubuntu is kinda cool.

I prefer a more hands-on distro (Gentoo), but that's only because I like to have complete control. :)

Anyway, grats on your installation! Have fun with it and be sure you setup Compiz-Fusion for some really cool effects!

5. Rukasuzu

Yeah my compiz fusion is already setup. Nvidia does it automatically for me :D

Yeah my compiz fusion is already setup. Nvidia does it automatically for me :D

6. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 609   +6

Ubuntu is dull out of the Box, but compiz definitely adds a lot.

7. Rukasuzu

sure does :D

sure does :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.