UK's SOCA seizes domain of popular music blog,

By Leeky
Feb 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The UK’s Serious, Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) took down hip-hop news and track exchange website yesterday as part of a criminal investigation into allegedly defrauding the music industry. The…

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

I'm OK with this because it's just hip-hop which needs to DIAF anyway. ;)
  3. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Guru Posts: 443   +17

The page on has since page to a less ominous and intellectually insult page…
  4. Since SOCA seems rather confused about the law, maybe there is some confusion about the facts. On occasion in similar situations, apologies have apparently been due (per a techdirt article). One would think since this site dates back over 10 years that they might first have a bit of a chat and a look around before they acted. Worth watching for further news.
  5. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TS Enthusiast Posts: 186

I guess they didn't care that rnbxclusive actually helped a number of young indie artists create names for themselves.

There are people who say that about every genre, would you be happy if pop, rock, soul and country all DIAF too?..
  6. TomSEA

No, just hip-hop (and rap). Because it's not music. It's nothing more than bad urban poetry put to riffs stolen from other music genre's ad nauseum - especially rock n' roll. We can thank rap and hip-hop for lip-synching, auto-tune, "sampling" (which is nothing more than fancy way of stealing) - basically everything to do with artificially manufacturing supposed music and performances.
  7. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 467   +97

Your post is funny. I can't tell if you are stupid or just trolling but its funny regardless.
  8. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,803   +483

TomSEA i though you were a better man than this. This is the first time i've seen you post such a comment. It's a shame that you look at something else besides the music. Every genre has it's own share of problems ->from POP to Rock to HOUSE to HIP-HOP.
    It's my believe that the industry is the one destroying good music, not a genre or an artist.
  9. TomSEA

You guys think what you want about my comments - I'm not losing any sleep over it. I was a studio musician for 8 years for Epic - and let me tell you - the musicians - the REAL musicians, those who play their own instruments and write their own music point their fingers and laugh at rap/hip-hop. For them, it's just an incredibly easy way to make a buck because it's so artificial.
  10. yay !

can they take down fart book as well ?

11. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

"No, just hip-hop (and rap). Because it's not music. It's nothing more than bad urban poetry put to riffs stolen from other music genre's ad nauseum - especially rock n' roll."

Rock and Roll was stolen from Blues artists. Whats your point?
  12. You can illegally download music from youtube with a converter are the going to shutdown youtube and google aswell its preposterous to try and stop people downloading music for free because there will always be ways when will this nonsense end
  13. It is a sad, sad world. Greed s a plague.
  14. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TS Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

It's not really about the facts, it's about control. The power players and their wealthy masters are scared of how people use the net to get in touch in decentralized ways. The copyright extortionists only provide a nice excuse to step on areas where net users have made central control irrelevant. That what the lawfare is about - control, not facts.

That opinion and $2 might still get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks, of course.
  15. I lol'd. :p