"ultra" warning in the event viewer, how serious is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

I'm concerned what is causing this, I believe it has somethign to do with the ata100 controller on my motherboard. Apparently I've been getting this for over a month now and have noticed no adverse side effects but I dont' like seeing warnings.
ultra1.jpg

ultra2.jpg

Originally posted by 3DSThomas
I'd guess there's no updates available for it then as it suggests?
Well I'm not exactly sure what it is that needs to be updated.
I clicked the link like it suggests, it send information to microsoft :rolleyes: and then it came up with nothing, no additional information avaiable is what it said I believe.

Ahhh right. Well, basically its suggesting that you should update the BIOS for your ATA controller, shouldn't be a problems if its a seperate RAID one, if not just check your manufacturer for a new BIOS for the system, or perhaps even installing newer chipset drivers'll remove it.
Doesn't seem like there is a "real" problem though, so you could just ignore it either.

I hope so commander, for you sake....

my advise, if all is working well, is to ignore it.

i have upgraded firmware here and lived to regret it.

I have also upgraded firmware on SCSI cd-rw and its never been the same....

....if its not broken, don't fix it.....

Re: I hope so commander, for you sake....

Originally posted by Phantasm66
....if its not broken, don't fix it.....

I strongly believe in that philosophy.. But I certainly don't practice it. :)

I can't think of any reason it would complain about your firmware, unless your drivers require a more recent firmware upgrade or your SCSI is not totally ACPI compliant. If the latter were the case though, you'd probably get a nice box of chocolates with a card attatched from your computer that reads, "ERROR: DRIVE_UNBOOTABLE. PLEASE REINSTALL WINDOWS YOU MEAN, MEAN PERSON."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back