Ultrabooks to help Acer turn the corner in 2012

By Shawn Knight
Dec 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Acer CEO J.T. Wang believes that ultrabooks will be the one product that returns the company to profitability. In an interview with Dow Jones Newswire, the chief said that customers…

Read the whole story
  2. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 467   +96

I don't even consider an acer for a laptop. I hate the keyboard style with the gaps between keys and the tall edge of the keys. Looks ugly, feels ugly to me. Is that weird? So ultimately acer can make whatever laptop or ultrabook they want but I'm not really interested unless they change the keyboard.
  3. truroxy

truroxy TS Rookie

I had an acer before. Thing fell apart so quickly. Its 3 now. But the keyboard was awful. Had 9 keys missing after 6 months. 4 broken usb ports. Has an overheating problem now. Mom had an acer. Motherboard was fried in 4 months. Had to get a replacement. Never buyying another acer.
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,525   +828

Ive had an acer. it lasted about 6 or 7 years.
    i dont know, but i for one dont smash my laptops with a hammer.
    and i love the keyboard.
  5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,885   +644

I know people who have had acer's and all of them have sworn to never buy another, they all had over heating issues and all of them come out the box with soo much crapware they start off particualrly slow, and just get worse over time. Seriously Acer, stop putting soo much crapware on your laptops! your reputation with me at least will go up a fraction and I may even unblock your company name from my sh*t list of companies to never bother with ;)
  6. Eddo22

Eddo22 TS Enthusiast Posts: 161   +6

Just paid $450 Canadian for an Acer Aspire AS5560-SB401 with an AMD A8-3500. Very happy with the purchase. Just clean the crap software out and your ready to go.