TechSpot

Umm help?

By berrinrules
Nov 29, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im not too good with computers but i know my way around a bit of programs and it seems i have run into a virus that 1 wont let me use google links, i have to copy the address and paste it into the bar 2 slows down my connection 3 wont let me access any antiviral websites 4 wont let me use malwarebytes, spybots&d, avg, mcafee and wont even let me install hijack this so help plz?

2. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 931

Welcome to TS. Your problem statement is helpful, and similar to others. I am trying to anticipate your needs. You are now facing dificulties.

In case of difficulty, attempt this method
    Note: one user reported the need to restart in safe mode with networking, as the relief was temporary. This refers to message #1.
    Additional note: Message #3 link to 'fixit download' has demonstrated its effectiveness in many cases. Go to message # 3 'fixit download'

Other: As part of your response, please feedback which method was effective. Message #1 is for the specific named trojan, and message # 3 has broader coverage.

Genreal Remark: - React to unanswered items appearing in scan logs
    • NO Action’ - Remove Selected when offered by MBAM
    • 'Delete on Reboot’ - Restart the computer after concluding the scan
    Proceeding along a typical path.
    • Update both MBAM & SAS. Rerun them both.
    • This effort is complete when logs report NO infections/threats, or reporting something it can not clean.
    • Restart the computer. Scan with HJT.
    • Posts logs. Report progress & what changes are observed.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.