TechSpot

Unable to Acquire IP Address

By bpelowski
Jul 15, 2007
  1. Hi,

I reinstalled a driver for my Wirless LAN Mini PCI Adapter in my laptop yesterday and now I can't get an IP address to connect to my network. A long time ago someone changed a setting on this laptop to access a network in a school and when my gf brought it home we no longer could connect to our home network. I fear this same problem has came back now and I don't recall how it was fixed last time.

Anyway, put in the IP address, subnet and DNS #s this AM to try to manually connect and it shows up as connected now but the packets being sent are like 11-24 and received is 0. Can anyone help me get this working? Thanks!

2. audiomod

audiomod TS Rookie

i had a similar problem because it was being blocked by my firewall: I put the IP address in the 'trusted' zone on my firewall and hey presto.

It may work. luck.

3. bpelowski

bpelowski TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks, I ended up reinstalling the driver again and then resetting my router. That fixed it.

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,515   +336

good job, that's the right sequence and actions :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.