TechSpot

Unable to connect to the internet

By denmark1005
May 28, 2008
  1. for 2 weeks i was unable to connect to the internet but i can use limewire to download files. everytime i try to connect to the internet it only show "page cannot be displayed" my isp told me that my browser is corrupted but i ask them how come i can use limewire to download files and it seems that i can only connect to the net on a particular hour. can anyone help me solve this problem? any help will be deeply appreciated.

2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,715   +89

Download Firefox and install it and see if you can access the internet. IE browsers do get corrupt. Also you use use some sort of spyware, mailware, adware clearner with on demand scanner. I recommend using Spyware Terminator it's open source and it's 100%. Download and install then run it on FULL see what it finds on your system. .

3. denmark1005

denmark1005 TS Rookie Topic Starter

can't connect to yahoomail and gmail

i can't connect to gmail and yahoo mail... I'm using Firefox 3 and i got this error message every time i access yahoo mail and gmail...

An error occurred during a connection to www.google.com.

Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).

(Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

does anyone know how to fix this problem?

4. xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx TS Rookie Posts: 1,214

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.