Unable to Drag and Drop Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyfly

Basically, recently, i haven't been able to drag and drop files. I have a bunch of files on my desktop and when I try and drag them to My Documents for instance, nothing happens. I can't move the files anyway. The only way i can get them off my desktop is by deleting them.

Whats the problem here?

I'm having alot of trouble with this thing lately :(

You may also find that using Windows Explorer is a good way to manipulate files and folders:

Right click on Start> Explore> click on the + sign to expand any section you need.

This will allow you to move around files and folders in all the various sections of the computer, within the limits of the operating system.

I had the same problem yesterday, I could click on them, and they would select, but they wouldn't pickup and drag to be moved at all. Luckily for me, restarting my system was all that was necessary to fix the problem.

files or shortcuts installed via an Admin login can NOT be removed using an LUA account.

boot SAFE MODE and then explore all \documents & settings\-all-shown-logins-\Desktop

It's been a while and the problem was resolved a while back but it turned out that it was my mouse.

I replaced my mouse and everything started working back to normal.

Weird Huh?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back