Unable to find F drive on Windows 7 Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachkinny

Hi,

I'm not able to locate my F Drive in the system .

below is my drive

C : drive
D:drive
E:dvd drive
F: drive.

from last night i'm not able to find F drive ..

Please help me to restore my drive.

Thanks in advance,
Kinny

Please go to control panel, system and security, administrative tools and open computer management. In the left side panel, you will see Disk Management, click on it and check whether the drive is listed at all? If so, it means there is something wrong with partition itself. In that case you can download TestDisk, and try to repair it.

Please go to control panel, system and security, administrative tools and open computer management. In the left side panel, you will see Disk Management, click on it and check whether the drive is listed at all? If so, it means there is something wrong with partition itself. In that case you can download TestDisk, and try to repair it.

I executed above steps .But did not find F drive . it is showing as free space available.

Please find attachment.Please advice me how I can restore my F drive and data in it.

Thanks in advance,
Kinny

Attachments

• Disk Management.jpg
    Disk Management.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 11
Download test disk as I suggested above (link for download is also given); unpack the zip file (you can do it on your desktop). Then run the test disk executable located in folder \testdisk-6.11.3\win. Please keep in mind that you will need administrative account to do this.

Once you a double clicked on the executable test disk win file; it will open in a DOS box, click on Create, then select the partition/hard disk you want to repair.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back