TechSpot

Unable to format text (bold, italic, insert link, etc)

By Marnomancer
Apr 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Just as the title says. I've added a screenshot. The text formatting toolbar is missing. And this time, it's not a browser cache issue. I've done everything I could (clearing ALL sorts of cache, restarting EVERYTHING, etc.). The "More Options" button doesn't help either. Same with IE9. I'm now using Firefox. Is it just me, or it's gone?

Attached Files:

2. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

It's working ok for me, tested in Chrome and Firefox (OS X). I'm positive you can still format with bbcode tags.

If anyone else is having the same issue please report it.

3. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 808   +51

Sure. It's just a bit inconvenient to go all the way. Anyway, I'll try again with a 32-bit browser. Because the 64-bit version I have is buggy I think.

4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,565   +331

Could it be that you disabled the rich text editor accidentally? There's a link on the bottom of the form to enable it back.

5. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 808   +51

I don't know how, but I solved the issue. I'm using Pale Moon 11.0.1, x64, and it runs perfect. Firefox and IE9, same issue persists. You think it's a browser issue?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.