Unable to Install OS Whatsoever - Blue Screen'd Immediately (help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a situation... and I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me out here! ;)

Anyway here's what's going on; just built a computer for a friend of mine, TForce 6100 AM2 motherboard in an Ultra MicroFly case, NVidia 7600GS-based card, 2GBs of PC5400 in a two-DIMM format, 160GB SATA hard drive.

The thing will not install an OS - blue screens *well* before that.

I took the drive and installed Media Center on it while having it attached to my own system, so I know it's not the drive. I also took the drive back to his computer after having done so and to no avail; it would show the Windows boot screen and then back to the blue screen before resetting.

It isn't the DVD drive, as I disconnected it.

I doubt it's both sticks of RAM - or the RAM at all - though I'm going to try downlocking it just to check, as well as trying to get my hands on some alternative DDR2 for testing.

Right now I'm thinking it might be the motherboard, but I really would like to avoid the hassle of an RMA and rebuild if at all possible. And if it's the CPU... well, I would be surprised - any decisive way of testing this though outside of an OS environment?

This is the error received when dealing with the boot process:

VER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I know that's associated most often with memory... but anyone have any other ideas as to what I may be missing in my troubleshooting process?

It definately looks like a ram problem!!!

Google and download memtest and test the ram thoroughly with at least half a dozen passes!!!

That's Memory addressing conflict, when windows is booting, click F8 to open choice menu, select Run Windows Memory Diagonstic Tool, it's so helpful testing/reparing your memorys' addresses, then retry it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back