Unable to install Windows 7 due to page_fault_in_nonpaged_area error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys

i recently started having trouble with my pc running windows 7 64bit. in order to rectify the problem i decided to format and start again with a fresh install. however while attempting to install i get BSOD with the following error

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
***STOP :0x0000050 (0xFFFFD8A00029E024, 0X0000000000000001, 0XFFFFF88001CB9023, 0X00000000000000007)

Whats goin on and how can i rectify this?

Have you tried a google search for 0xFFFFD8A00029E024 or 0XFFFFF88001CB9023 ?

Sometimes clues are presented there... but I don't know 64 bit well enough to know.

ya had a go and nothing came up.
The os doesnt really matter at the moment as nothing is installed on the pc at all now as i formatted everything so its just a brick at the moment.

basically as i try to install windows 7 again it comes up with that message, it could be one of three things i think,the Hard Drive, RAM or MotherBoard. Thing is they're all under a year old so is it likely they would fail that quickly on their own?

raybay is one of the most kowlegeable people on these boards so you are in good hands. here is a definition of your error and as you can tell it can be a myriad of things:

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

* RAM and harddrives can fail at any time.

My first guess is driver errors, or device defects... or security software... or software conflicts...
Video graphics card, network socket, modem whether used or unused, are also common producers of that error...
But we most often see it in defective drivers or defective devices related to video graphics... even when they appear to be ok.

thanks for the help guys,
i got windows installed but now getting this BSOD

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFD8A002ED8BB0
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF80002D791FC
BCP4: 0000000000000007
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

is it likely to be the graphics drivers/card? or maybe someting else?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFD8A002E8F568
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF88004F88135
BCP4: 0000000000000007
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

try disconnecting all of your non essential devices, web cams, games controllers, printers etc, and attempt to install.

so i now have windows loaded but as soon as the system starts up and windows has loaded it goes to the above BSOD.

tried disconnecting everything, what is the most likely cause? is their any way of knowing for sure?

I'm actually having a similar problem with my new computer I've really only just built within the past 48hrs. I got Windows installed ok at first, only had one issue with it claiming not to be able to read the dvd, so had to try to install it again. Anyway, once it was up and running, windows kept constantly freezing and...well the only way to describe it was that the screen would just show vertical lines...anyway, decided to reformat and install again, but now everytime I try, I get all kinds of stop errors. So far got the page fault in non paged area, some irql error...can't remember what it was exactly called. I'm guessin the cause for me is the motherboard, cause even the bios failed at one point after I gave up for a few hours (fortunately I have a gigabyte p55a-ud4p with the dual bios, so it fixed itself)
Anyway, it's driving me frickin insane cause the parts are brand spankin new and weren't even out of the box barely 2 days ago...so do people agree with my assessment of it being the motherboard?

You haven't given us enough information to say that it is the motherboard.
Could be a video graphics card, Page fault etc could be defective memory, or improperly installed memory.
Did you attempt to over clock this computer? I would go back to basic install.
How many computers have you built?
There is no doubt that some motherboards arrive from the Manufacturer in a defective state, but I would want to know more... memtest86 test... video graphics tests, etc.

I've built dozens of computers before. Never had any issues like this. While Windows 7 was installed, I was able to perform a memory test...using a memory tester I'm guessin is new to windows? Not sure, but it indicated that the memory was fine. I never got the opportunity to do any video tests, however the display examples in the Catalyst Control Centre were working fine in my opinion. And I may be a pretty hard gamer, but I don't like overclocking any of my hardware. I just don't feel what is usually a negligable performance increase to be worth risking my hardware, lol.
I also seriously think that the fact that the BIOS actually corrupted, for no apparent reason, to be indicative of a motherboard problem.
If I had another system around capable of using the same components (memory and video card) I would be testing them to rule them out, but I don't, so can't completely.

Can you see your Device Manager at all before it fails? Can you boot to SAFE MODE?

I assume you have tried to reinstall the BIOS, or go back to the previous version of the BIOS, which is sometimes easier. But I would return the motherboard for an exchange while you can do so.
You certainly have the experience to make that judgment.

We also build a great number of computers... when we get the page fault errors or the IRQ Less or Equal error, we find the problem is in other devices, rather than the system board.... video card, modem, sound card, USB card being the top four.

Yeah I did try to reinstall the BIOS, used the latest version, then went back to the previous version that was already on the motherboard. I've sent the motherboard back, but due to Chrissy holidays, won't be seeing anything sent back for a while, lol. Here's hoping it was the motherboard. Wouldn't be happy to find it was something else after waiting a couple weeks. Although it really couldn't be cause of much else because I'm not using any sound, usb or modem cards and everything else appears to work fine...

Have you attempted to reinstall System 7 in Repair Mode booting to the original Windows install disk... and following all the instructions from the Microsoft site. Often times, that is very helpful... Will it boot to the disk, then will it accept all the repair options?

As I said in the last reply, I'd sent the parts back. Just checked the status of their repair efforts, and they have had the same problem as me. So looks like I nailed it, which makes me happy :)
However, I may as well answer your query anyway. I couldn't even get back into the Windows installer. It'd load the files, and immediately after doing so, blue screen. So I couldn't select any options...fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong once I get a replacement, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back