Unable to install Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am unable to install windows on my PC. I have a Samsung 80 GB HDD and one 40 GB Seagate. When I try to install Windows 98 S Ed It will give error message something like that " System has found True type font installed, restart and try again". Even after complete format this error message pops up on both the HDDs. Also not able to install XP. When try to install XP, it gives several errors while checking the system H/w. Like Error4, error7 and some .pci file not found, press any key to restart windows.

Please help me out.

I have deleted all the partitions. Created the Dos Primary and extended partition. Made the primary partition active. But still the issue remains the same.

Start with 1 HardDrive plugged in only (not sure if you meant 120Gig Hdd with 80Gig and 40Gig partition)

Confirm the HDD is set for CS (little jumper on back of HDD)

Boot from the Xp CD, and remove all the Partitions again

You can then either, continue Xp install, or put the 98 Boot disk in and start with that that (by the way are you booting from the 98 Startup Floppy

Hi

I have tried connecting both the HDD one at a time. First tried with the 80 GB HDD with the jumper setting as Master. Not worked. Removed and connected the Second HDD. Not worked. Now what to do? Giving the same errors. ( pci.sys not found while installing Xp) and ( True type font when trying Win 98)

Are you booting the PC from a Windows install CD? The messages you are reporting make no sense at all if you are doing so, so I guess you are not. If you truly are, it might imply a damaged CD or drive which is not reading correctly - which can sometimes happen. CD readers have relatively short lives 2-3 years, and so do CD's.

Another thought, is the 80Gb a SATA drive? If so you probably will not be able to install Win98 on it at all, and will need a SATA driver from floppy very early in an XP install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back