Unable to view hidden files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, two of my friends computers are having this problem of "unable to view hidden files". Whenever I select Tools-->Folder Options-->View-->View Hidden files--->Apply-->OK and return to the folder I see no hidden files. Moreover after going back at folder options I see that the option was reset to Do not view hidden files. Other symptoms of the malware includes displaying an "Open with" dialog when double clicking a Partition ( I think this is due to some file made and mentioned in some kind of autorun file by virus). I also noticed that the computer restarted twice while Kaspersky Internet Security was running a scan of active files in memory.

My friends don't have the latest database update as they lack an internet connection and I fear providing them through my USB disk cause of the malware. A CD can be used to transfer the necessary programs but I would like to know all the required things at once..

Also I'm thinking of taking all the programs mentioned in topic "Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions" and do the necessary steps ( do I have to perform the steps in safe mode?)

Waiting eagerly for help regarding the problem..

Regards,

gnarula

There are some of the steps that need to be performed in safe mode but they will mention it in the instructions.

Just work through it as best you can and ask if you have any questions or are confused by any section.

k, just 1 question regarding that topic..

In step 1, should I pause protection of the AV (KIS 7) as I think it also monitors the file (dunno if I am wrong)

Downloading the programs atm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back