Unallocated healthy primary partition

I've just reinstalled windows 7 onto another hard drive, and now I want my data from from my sata 1tb which was previously split to a partitioned for xp and the other for data. This sata is my secondary drive by the way.

Since the sata doesn't show up in my computer I checked it out in disk manager and the first half is unallocated which is okay, but there the second half is, healthy primary partition with no letter designated to it. The only option I have is to delete it. How do I get my stuff off it and not delete it?

Hive might have got corrupted. Was this partition created under Windows XP or prior Windows 7?

I made it through the storage disk management that comes with windows xp. It shouldn't be corrupt because only the first partition was formatted. All I want is to assign that space to a drive

Yes but the hive was done under XP and not under 7. You could connect the drive to USB to SATA unit. I would stick that back into XP box. There is a way to get around this. Might work. A tool to fix the Hive info if it gets deleted under 7

Back